Image: PCB

This year witnessed the eighth season of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) in the month of March. The season was won by Lahore Qalandars who beat Multan Sultans to earn this title for the second time ever since the tournament has started.

With each season, PSL’s popularity is increasing and it is generating more revenue for its owners.

According to reports, this year, the PSL 8 tournament amassed a whopping Rs5.62 Billion. This revenue will be divided amongst the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and PSL Franchises.

According to the revenue sharing formula, PCB will get 5% of the overall revenue while the remaining 95% will be equally shared between the six franchises.

It means, the PCB will get Rs582.53 million while Rs841.129 million will be received by each franchise.

This revenue was generated by title sponsorship, broadcasting, gate money, media rights and TV broadcasting.

Topics #Breaking #cricket #featured #Latest #News #Pakistan #PSL 8 #trending pakistan #Updates